Sunday, July 6, 2008

This week...

This week was a bit more mellow than normal because of the 4th of July holiday. We didn't have any Cloud Nine meetings, but I had plenty of reading to keep me busy to prepare for next week.

My practice this week was a little lacking, mostly because my body is a little rundown this week. I haven't been sleeping well (which is always a treat) and I definitely feel that it's affecting my asana practice. I've been sticking to some gentle yoga (with the exception of a few Yoga World classes, one of which totally kicked my butt) and trying to put my other limbs of yoga into practice.

The reading we were given last week is all very interesting and is really helping me understand how to prepare for teaching classes. We've been given numerous articles on how to arrange an asana sequence as well as which poses or sequences can assist with certain ailments (sinuses, headaches, etc.) I also completed my first prenatal sequence on my own this week and even got to teach a bit in class on Wednesday. It was a bit nerve-racking but enjoyable and helpful.

Overall, my week has been pretty mellow, but I think it was needed. Next week will be the same as I'll be in Vegas (happy birthday Geoff!) and won't get to hit up any classes. But Court and I are bringing along the Cloud Nine dvd to do in the hotel room, so we'll see how that works out :) Next Friday our lectures resume and we have an asana intensive on Saturday as well. Can't wait to see what's in store for us!!

I hope everyone had a great holiday and has a fabulous week!

No comments: