Friday, June 6, 2008

Livin La Vida Yoga!

Yoga
I'm starting this blog to document my yoga vida journey. I've officially started my 200 hour teacher training program at Cloud Nine Yoga. I am so stoked to begin this new chapter in my life and cannot wait to see what is in store for me.

My yoga story started when I was 15. I was swimming 4-6 hours everyday and needed some other form of mental and physical release. My initial experience with yoga was restorative stretches and poses. Over the past 11 years I've dabbled in different forms and had different ranges of consistency with my practice. Just recently I began praying about this new path in my life. My wonderful friend Stella helped me to find a new perspective on life and on my practice and has introduced me to Cloud Nine. She is one of my teachers, along with Mackenzie and Tobi. I am extremely blessed to be able to work with such an amazing group of teachers and students and look forward to finding a solid forum in which to speak my truth.

My body is no where near prepared for the next 3 months, but my heart and my mind have been ready for sometime. I anticipate creating many lasting relationships, learning a ton about myself (my body, my heart, soul, and mind), learning about others, and about being able to teach this art form. Already I have learned so many things and this was only the first night!

My love for yoga is ever growing and expanding...one day I fear my heart will burst from all the joy that fills me while practicing yoga. I pray that through this experience I will be able to honor God by honoring my body. His creation is amazing and I only hope that I can do it justice.

By writing this blog, I'm inviting all of you to join me on this journey. I hope to be able to share this love of yoga with all who enter my life. With that being said, if you know of anyone who is interested in yoga, please send them my way! If I don't have the experience or the answers necessary, then I'm sure I can direct them to someone who does. Eventually, I would love to teach kids yoga, prenatal yoga, and any other form that speaks to me. I'm looking for mentors, so again if you know of anyone please help me network.

I enter this journey with an open heart and mind and anxiously anticipate all the blessings that will enter into my existence by livin la vida yoga. Namaste and love to all!

No comments: